Frequently Asked Questions

How do I use WebMail?
You can click on the WebMail button at the top of MyUCLA or via the following link: Either way, you may login to MyUCLA using your UID and PIN or your BOL ID and BOL password. Once inside MyUCLA, you may choose to store your email password for fast access to your email.

How do I sign up for a UCLA e-mail account?
If you have signed up for orientation this summer, they will instruct you then in how to go about obtaining a UCLA e-mail account. However, if you have not signed up for orientation, or if you wish to sign up for one before you go to orientation, go to Bruin OnLine, which should provide you with all the necessary instructions.

I forgot my e-mail password! What do I do?
If you already have an account, and you've forgotten your password, please go to 124 Kerckhoff Hall to have it reset. For more information, please call (310)825-7452 or visit Bruin OnLine.

How do I view attachments?
First, open the message which contains the attachment(s). Near the top of the message, you will see a list of links, near the word "Attachments". Simply click on the link you want and then you will be able to view or download the file.

I want to use some other email client (e.g., Eudora, MS Outlook). How do I set it up?
You will need the addresses of the mail servers, which are as follows:
    Incoming mail (POP3):
    Outgoing mail (SMTP):

How else can I access my email?
You can Telnet to (login with your regular BOL ID and password and follow the menu), or you can set up an e-mail client like Outlook or Eudora to check your mail, or you can even set up Hotmail to check your UCLA email. For the last two, youíll need the addresses for the mail servers:
    Incoming mail (POP3):
    Outgoing mail (SMTP):

What's my BOL login/password?
The first part of your email address would also be called your Bruin Online ID. As for your password, that is also something you would have chosen at orientation. Unfortunately, I donít have access to the login or password you chose. You can try contacting the Bruin Online consulting office at(310) 825-7452, and they will tell you how to find your password.

How do I change my registered address/info?
To change personal information (e.g. e-mail address, mailing address, PIN), please log onto URSA Online.

Why doesn't MyUCLA reflect a recent change to my record?
The information on URSA is the most accurate. The database MyUCLA uses is updated by the Regsitrar but changes to one's record sometimes don't show up on MyUCLA for awhile.

I am summer sessions and I lost my PIN! What should I do?
If you forget your security code, you can obtain this information in person at 1113 Murphy Hall with proper identification or contact UCLA Summer Sessions (310) 794-8333 for further assistance. You cannot receive this information over the telephone unless an authorization to release your security code is on file in the Registrar's Office. This authorization must contain your signature and a copy of a photo identification. Authorizations may be faxed to (310) 206-4520.

I am a student and I lost my PIN! What should I do?
If you misplace your code, go to 1113 Murphy Hall with your BruinCard. Your security code is not given over the telephone unless an authorization to release your security code is on file at the Registrar's Office.

I am able to log in to MyUCLA, but why can't I navigate between different pages?
Make sure your browser is configured to accept cookies. For Internet Explorer, this setting can be found under the security area of 'Internet Options'. For Netscape, this setting can be found under the advanced area of 'Preferences'

How do I use the "My Subscriptions" area?
To subscribe, select the items you want to subscribe to in the "My Subscriptions" area of MyUCLA, click on the "Add" radio button, and then click on the "Change Selected Subscriptions" button.

Still lost? Send us e-mail.